Tuesday, April 24, 2007

DRM Football Creed

now repeat after me all...
This is my DRM football club
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My DRM football club is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master DRM football as I must master my life.
My DRM football club without me is useless. Without my DRM football club, I am useless.
I must score my goals fast.
I must score more than my opponent who is trying to beat me.
I must score before they score. I will...
My DRM football club and myself know that what counts in football matches
is not the passes we make,
the strikers we tackle & hurt, nor the fancy dans we embarrass.
We know it is the goals that count. We will score...
My DRM football club is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths,
its players, its tactics, its strategies, and its motto.
I will ever guard it against the ravages of criticism and slander.
I will keep my football boots clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God I swear this creed.
My DRM football club and myself are the defenders of my pride.
We are the masters of our opponents. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until there are no longer any opponents standing in our way, but VICTORY!

6 comments:

Airul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Airul said...

...Just how long did it take for you to make this creed...?

I somewhat get the hunch this is a maori hakka or a 300 inspired thing going on.

Anonymous said...

Nice one gaffa - do we have to do it before every match .... or we do it at half times, to inspire the team?

Unknown said...

congrats man utd....heheh

Anonymous said...

wooohoooo thanks dude.... good luck tonite, man utd - liverpool final in Athens ah

Anonymous said...

This is the USMC Rifleman's Creed. Redux. Nice idea though. Hopefully it inspired you and others. Just don't take to much credit for it. Give credit where it is due. Enjoy your freedom. Thank a Vet.
Ben Pauline
Sgt. USMC